Sunday, April 17, 2011

Songkran in Singapore – A pocket of joy

Today, I took a visit to the Wat Ananda Metyarama Thai Buddhist Temple, the biggest Thai temple in Singapore, to capture a little of Thailand. Its a place where even photographers are not spared from water attacks. But I guess that got me plenty of luck. My camera remained dry despite ending up soaking wet myself. Best of all, I immersed in the pure joy of people there.

Two girls having fun at the water splashing tradition at Songkran, the Thai new year. The water is believed to bring good luck, and cool down the body in the midst of the hot, dry season.

Thais pay respect to the monks of the temple. The Buddhist sangha is highly respected in Thailand and forms an integral part of their culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment